Why essential oils?
If you’ve ever read the ingredients label on basically anything, you’ve probably read the name of some substance or compound that you have never heard of or have no idea what it is or what it does. It happens to me on a daily basis. I certainly have not completely switched over to organic foods or cleaning products and still use many modern remedies and healthcare options. I also still have a lot to learn. But for me, using essential oils has been a way for me to control some of what I am bringing into my home and using around my family. It’s given me the chance to opt for something gentle and natural to clean my home, care for my daughter, and to use in cooking. I know what is in an essential oil and I know where it comes from. When I use any of my oils, I feel confident that I am at least preserving, and often promoting, the health of my family.
How do I use essential oils?
Oils can be used in three ways: aromatically, topically, or internally. If you’ve ever enjoyed the scent of an orange or a pine forest, you’ve already experienced essential oils aromatically! I love to just open a bottle and take a sniff or to put oils in my diffuser to experience their aromatic benefits. Some oils are also great to put directly on your body (when diluted with a carrier oil such as coconut oil) and others are commonly used internally in cooking or in natural remedies. Each oil is different and can be used for many things. Here are a few ways that I personally use essential oils in my home.
- I use wild orange oil and frankincense oil together in my diffuser to help me wake up and get moving in the morning. (And it just makes my house smell yummy!)
- I use diluted lavender on my daughter’s feet (and my own!) when she is having trouble sleeping
- Peppermint and Breathe (an awesome blend from doTERRA) are fantastic rubbed on the chest (diluted) when one of us has a cold or seasonal sniffles
When I started using essential oils, I chose to exclusively use doTERRA’s oils. They are all CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade and the company is open and honest about where/how their oils are grown and distilled.
Ready to get started with essential oils?!
I recommend getting the Family Physician and Slim and Sassy kit because it comes with many of the key oils that I use on a daily basis in my home. The kit includes the following:
- Ten 5 ml bottles of some of my favorite oils (plus Slim and Sassy which is a great blend for boosting metabolism)
- An awesome introductory CD with tutorials on using essential oils in the home
- A wellness advocate introductory packet (includes great info on how to get started using oils, a product guide, oil cap stickers, and info on how to make sharing oils a business if you are interested)
- Enrollment for a doTERRA wholesale account so that you can get 25% off of all of the company’s products and the chance to earn 10-30% back on every purchase in product points
- You only pay $150 (and your enrollment fee is waived!)
Step-by-Step instructions for ordering your Family Physician Kit:
- Click on this link to get started
- Select your preferred language and country of residence, then click continue
- Select the “wholesale prices” option, continue
- Fill out your personal information to create your account and click continue (**the sponsor ID and enroller ID should be filled in for you. If they are not, use 1234753 for both)
- Select the Family Physician Kit for your first order setup
- Confirm billing information and click “save and continue”
- OPTIONAL: set up a monthly auto-ship order to continue receiving oils and begin earning points on purchases.
Frequently Asked Enrollment Questions:
- Why am I being asked for my social security number or tax id number?
- This is for tax purposes. If you were to sell/earn commission this information would be required. Otherwise, it remains unused.
- What if I don’t want a monthly order?
- No problem! Just skip the last step of enrollment (“Monthly Order Setup”)
- What if I don’t want the Family Physician Kit?
- No problem. There are many other kits to choose from on the order page. You can also select individual oils instead (if you do so you will be prompted to add the $35 dollar registration fee that is waived when you order an enrollment kit)
- Can I buy oils without enrolling?
- Yes! You’ll miss out on the wholesale prices but you can explore and order from my site anytime. The site also has great additional info on oils, DIY oil projects, and recipes. Visit it here and click on the “shop” tab.
Are any of your questions left unanswered?? Contact me at email@example.com and I will get back to you as soon as possible!